My brother just called to let us know that my Mom is out of surgery. It sounds like things went well and there were no complications! The surgeon did have some extra work to do when he actually got in there though. They ended up replacing the bad valve with a mechanical valve (rather than the pigskin one they had intended to use) and then found that the other valve needed to be repaired as well. Once they were done with all of that, they did the bypass and she is now safely in recovery. I believe they are going to keep her sedated for awhile to prevent too much discomfort post op, however my brother and sister-in-law plan to stop by to see her before they leave the hospital this afternoon. With most of us kids living quite a distance away, I'm glad they could be there to see her before she went in and be available for any news/updates along the way. The big concern now is her recovery and how Mom will handle that. Obviously everybody is different, so the doctors aren't sure how long she will need to stay in the hospital, etc. I just hope they will be able to make her as comfortable as possible as her body is healing!!
I am a mother of two toddlers (16 months apart), who are slowly but surely sucking the life out of me. My memory is shot to hell, but the one thing I DO remember each and every day is how grateful I am to get to be their Mom and how empty my life would be without them!
3 comments:
I'm glad to hear it went well! That's good that they were able to get it all taken care of! Hopefully her recovery will go well!!
Glad to hear that everything went well!
Glad to hear it went well! :)
Post a Comment