I have to increase the size of my font for posting because my oldest brother and his wife are claiming they are old farts now and their sight isn't so good! I hope this is better for them!! =-)
I talked to my sister yesterday while she was on her way back home from a visit with my Mom. She lives 2 hours away and has made the trip back and forth twice since Mom was admitted and plans to visit several more times throughout her recovery. It sounds like my Mom is doing o.k. She is on a lot of pain meds, so she is still out of it...very groggy...sleeping a lot (which is good!)...and not really knowing what is going on. My sister was feeling pretty guilty leaving yesterday because she said it was the first time Mom had really shown signs of being uncomfortable. She said it was extremely hard to sit there and see her in so much pain, knowing there was nothing she could do about it. At this point we still don't know when she will move to the rehab facility...we're just taking it day by day and waiting to see what the update is. It's frustrating on my part because I'm just not able to make the trip out there right now and I can't talk to Mom directly, so I have to get updates from everyone else. It's hard not to see things first hand. My oldest brother and his wife are flying in from WA to spend this week with her, so that will be nice. It will give my sister and my brother (who lives in town) a little more support as Mom hopefully transitions from the hospital to rehab. It will be a very good day when that happens!
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment