Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cancelled







Today we were supposed to go to our friends, Mac and Dave's, house for some tacos. Mac's sister, Katie, her husband, Jay and their daughter, Mara, were also supposed to be there. Unfortunately, due to the weather, it was cancelled. Katie and Jay had attempted to get on the roads, but found them to be very slick and ended up calling Mac to say they wouldn't be able to make it. We thought about going anyway, but it's still a 45 minute drive and Drew wasn't sure that the roads between us and them would be any better. He was out earlier today and the St. Michael roads were already pretty icy. I'm a little bummed that we didn't get to see our friends. I was looking forward to getting out of the house and catching up with everyone. It's been awhile since I have gotten together with Mac and Katie and this was the 1st time we were going to get all of the guys together as well. I'm hoping that Mac will reschedule and that at some point we will actually be able to pull this off! In the meantime, I spent the last hour or so forcing the kids to look cute for some pics in the "going out" outfits I had put them in. Tonight we will be hanging out at home, relaxing and watching movies!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Well, the kids sure looked cute! We'll have to reschedule soon! Maybe February 7th? Looks like Dave and I will be eating guacamole for a while!

Katie said...

the kiddos look so cute! Sorry it didn't work out today! Winter sucks!