My Mom's surgery has now been rescheduled for Thursday due to her endochrine levels. I'm not exactly sure what it all means (Jenna?), but the end result is that she can't be operated on until those regulate. I've talked to her on the phone almost every day and she has actually been in really good spirits! In fact, she said she's feeling better than she has in months. Sounds like they cleared the fluid in her lungs, so I'm guessing that has a lot to do with it! When I talked to her today, I couldn't help but laugh. My Mom can get pretty feisty and she is so angry about her surgery being pushed out. Apparently she was so mad yesterday she had a few "choice" words for the doctor, who either overheard her ranting or was told by the nurses and came storming in to defend his decision. They had a heated conversation and Mom decided to be nicer to him going forward since he would be the one operating on her...hahaha... She must have made quite the impression on him because despite her colorful language, he got her a room in the Cardiac Care Unit, which had been full for days. I keep laughing at the scene I have pictured in my mind now of my Mom interacting with the surgeon........HA! Hilarious!
I am a mother of two toddlers (16 months apart), who are slowly but surely sucking the life out of me. My memory is shot to hell, but the one thing I DO remember each and every day is how grateful I am to get to be their Mom and how empty my life would be without them!
1 comment:
Glad to hear that she is in such good spirits about it. I'm sure she just wants to get it over with!
Post a Comment