Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Long Night

So last night was probably the worst night we've had since bringing Will home. It actually reminded me of the nights we had consistently throughout Lili's 1st year...and it scared me! I am PRAYING that this doesn't become the norm around here again. I'm not sure I can survive another year like that! Anyway, it was probably a good thing that we did not go to our friend's house yesterday since Will, Lili and I all got some sort of stomach bug. The squeezing pains started for me late yesterday afternoon and I could tell Will was uncomfortable as well. Lili seemed o.k......until right before she went to bed. Next thing you know, I've got blowouts everywhere. Drew had no idea any of this was going on because we went to bed fairly early and I told him to go ice fishing at 4am this morning. This meant that I would take the full night shift (usually he helps out on the weekends since he isn't working) and he would sleep downstairs to try and get some zz's before heading out in the cold (personally, I think he's a complete whacko for getting up that early to go fishing). I should have woken him up at some point for a little assistance, but I didn't...because I'm a dummy. Overall Will slept o.k. outside of the diarrhea and just seeming uncomfortable during his feedings throughout the night...but then when he wasn't up, Lili was crying. I don't think I got more than a 45 minute stretch of sleep all night. Since Will wasn't feeling well yesterday afternoon and evening, he got more sleep than normal, so when he woke at 4am for his feeding, he decided to stay awake until 6am. After laying him down for the last time, I was just about to drift off to sleep when...........yep, Lili was up for the day. Ugh... My stomach is feeling much better today, but I am a walking zombie!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a rough one! I'm pretty sure I would have woken my husband up for all of that though. That's a lot to take on all by yourself especially when you don't feel well either.

Katie said...

ugh :( sounds like a very long night! I would have gotten Jay up to help me FOR SURE!! Hope you are all feeling better and hopefully got some naps today!