I'm pretty sure that I look the worst I have ever looked in my entire life right now...with the exception of 4th grade when I had giant glasses, crooked teeth and dorky, plus size clothes that only my Mom thought were "cool". My rosacea is the nastiest it has ever been and 2 months without makeup has done nothing for it (that dermatologist lied to me!). My hair is long enough to pull back into a ponytail, so that is where it has remained for weeks as I go through the postpartum hair loss that comes with every pregnancy. My wardrobe is suffering and as I explained to Drew the other day, there are only two categories...daytime PJs and nighttime PJs. The only "extra" time I spend on dressing myself each day is to determine if the PJs I am putting on have TOO many holes, stains or flying coffee cups on them. I usually try to reserve those for my nighttime lounging. All in all, I am about a -5 on the 1-10 scale for taking care of yourself...with 1 being the worst and -5 being off the charts. One of my New Year's resolutions was to start actually caring about these things, but it is now 8 days into 2009 and there is no change. I really DO want to do something with myself, but as each morning comes I drink my cup of joe and see those super soft, overwashed, translucently thin, 5 year old sweatpants and I am immediately won over. I think I need someone to break into my house and burn all those comfy clothes in order to give me the boost I need in the right direction!
haha...I am like this on the weekend, and was definitely like that when I was on maternity leave! Once you get back to work and have to actually go out into public on a regular basis, you'll care a little more, but for now - just enjoy the jammies! During the day AND at night! :)
I would totally wear PJ's all day if I could! Enjoy it while you are at home and can. Your maternity leave will be over before you know it and then it's back to real clothes. ;)
lol. I usually break down and head for Eddie Bauer outlet in town about week 5 and get some pants that are not maternity that actually are my "real" size.
I am a mother of two toddlers (16 months apart), who are slowly but surely sucking the life out of me. My memory is shot to hell, but the one thing I DO remember each and every day is how grateful I am to get to be their Mom and how empty my life would be without them!
3 comments:
haha...I am like this on the weekend, and was definitely like that when I was on maternity leave! Once you get back to work and have to actually go out into public on a regular basis, you'll care a little more, but for now - just enjoy the jammies! During the day AND at night! :)
I would totally wear PJ's all day if I could! Enjoy it while you are at home and can. Your maternity leave will be over before you know it and then it's back to real clothes. ;)
lol. I usually break down and head for Eddie Bauer outlet in town about week 5 and get some pants that are not maternity that actually are my "real" size.
Post a Comment