Just knowing that my Mom is in surgery right now is a little disturbing. I feel so distant from it all...like it might not really even be happening. I wish I could peek into the OR to see how she's doing... I wonder if the doctors jam to crazy music like they do on ER, or if you could hear a pin drop in the silence? I think Mom would appreciate the music more. She has a pretty good sense of humor! The hospital gave Mom a code to give all of us kids so that we can call the hospital and receive updates on her condition. I'm guessing that's reserved for after the surgery though? I can't imagine they would have updates available during the surgery. Heck, those people should be concentrating on getting her fixed, not updating us! We can suffer through the wait o.k. Hmmm...tick tock...tick tock...just waiting now.........
do you know how long the surgery was supposed to take? Jay got to observe a surgery for one of his classes, and he said they did have music playing during the one he went to! You should try to call the number, just to see what it says!
I am a mother of two toddlers (16 months apart), who are slowly but surely sucking the life out of me. My memory is shot to hell, but the one thing I DO remember each and every day is how grateful I am to get to be their Mom and how empty my life would be without them!
1 comment:
do you know how long the surgery was supposed to take?
Jay got to observe a surgery for one of his classes, and he said they did have music playing during the one he went to!
You should try to call the number, just to see what it says!
Post a Comment