Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Auntie "Kissy"



My sister, Kristen, arrived on New Year's Day for a week long visit with us. This was her 1st time meeting Will and hadn't seen Lili since her wedding this past June. Having her here has always been such a huge help. She's always offering to keep an eye on the kids, change a poopy diaper or even take a night shift! Yep, you heard me, she actually helps with the night shifts!!! After having Lili, she was a Godsend. I truly needed the sleep back then while dealing with the postpartum depression. This time I'm feeling a lot better, however for some reason, I CAN'T SLEEP EVEN WHEN I'M GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY!!! I find this especially disturbing because I know she will only be here for a few more days and it's my chance to have a little break and catch up on some z's. Unfortunately, my body just won't let me. I wonder if it's because I go into the evening thinking, "O.k. Andrea, you have 6 hours...now SLEEP!". I must be putting too much pressure on myself! Anyway, outside of juggling the kids while she is here, we decided to take on some organization projects as well. We've already done a lot of work, but have a long ways to go! I am hoping to post pics of our time together soon! I'm starting to think we are a bit crazy for thinking this was a good idea! In the meantime, here are a couple of snapshots of Auntie "Kissy" (as Lili pronounces it) with the munchkins!

1 comment:

ErinL said...

I know what you mean about the sleep. I can't take a nap unless I've been very sleepless several nights in a row AND I take it with Henri. Drives me nuts! I was up until 3am this morning, then every 2 hours feedings and you think I can take a nap???