Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

All By Myself

My sister left this morning after a week long visit. It's weird to be here by myself again and now all of the things that I still haven't gotten done are staring me in the face.......calling out to me............well, SCREAMING at me to finish them. Take my X-mas cards and birth announcements for example. Yep, still sitting here. I actually got as far as stuffing the envelopes and addressing them before I put them in a basket to lick and stamp later. Later never came. I had initially planned on writing my annual X-mas letter too.....which is now 2 pages long. I'm thinking I either need to can it this year or cut it down to 1 page. Option 1 doesn't require any work or additional thinking, so that might be the better way to go. I also have a stack of packages that never went out for X-mas. Some of them were meant for very key people in our lives...like Drew's parents and Grandma! How awful are we for not getting them out? Every day I tell myself that I will wrap them, throw them in a box and ship them........but it never happens and keeps getting pushed to "tomorrow". Oh, and one of my best friend's birthday gifts...from AUGUST...still isn't in her hands. What is wrong with me? Sure, I can use pregnancy and giving birth to a watermelon as excuses, but c'mon...how long is that REALLY going to last? Then there's the stack of medical bills that aren't getting paid because I need to sort through them (or send them to Drew's Mom to go through, since this is her area of expertise!)...the "back room" on the lower level of our house that is driving Drew crazy (he truly cannot help with this one because he wants to load everything in that room into his truck to take to Goodwill)...the endless pile of laundry that my poor sister helped with last night, but has only grown since then...my SCRAPBOOKS, which are an essential part of my livelihood and have not been touched in MONTHS (which is pretty close to a sin in my book!)....AHHHH! A list...maybe I just need a list...........but then would the list just sit there on top of my stack of medical bills and never get done? You have to wonder..........

HA! Hope everyone is having a great week!

More exciting posts to come as I reveal "Kiddieland"....created by my sister and I!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I can't say anything, because I haven't sent your Christmas card yet! But I want a 2 page letter!! ;) haha.

Don't worry...all that stuff can wait. You've got your hands full! I think motherhood can be an excuse for a very long time. At least, I hope so, since I've been using it for 8 months now ;)

Katie said...

PS - we need to scrap! I am so behind!!

ErinL said...

Can you hire a teenager from the local YMCA or your neighborhood or a friend's kid to help with some of the stuff???