Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Monday, January 26, 2009

Missed Opportunity

Last night I completely missed out on my 1st opportunity to get a 4 hour stretch of sleep! Will decided he was especially hungry and slugged down almost 8 oz at 8:30pm. The kid passes out right away and doesn't wake up until almost 1am! Great, right? Wrong...I went to bed about 10pm and proceeded to lay there...awake...until I heard Will crying at 1. THEN, after feeding him and getting him back in his crib, I continued to lay awake until almost 2am. Will did not take a very big feeding at 1, so he was back up at 3am. My body finally gives up WHILE I'M FEEDING HIM and apparently I'm so comfy (due to my chub), he falls asleep too. Next thing I know, I wake up at 4am, on the couch, with a baby in arms and COVERED IN FORMULA! I had unknowingly dropped the bottle and it leaked ALL over me! Half of my shirt and pants were drenched...Will's blanket was wet...the couch has a HUGE spot on it.......ARGH! After changing all of us, Will went back down at 4:30am, I was in bed soon after and Will was back up at 5am, hungry again. Of course, I can't blame the little guy because I swear 90% of his last bottle soaked into the couch and my clothes. The kid probably got nothin'! Just as my head hit the pillow at 5:30am, ready to finally get a good block of sleep, Lili started "talking" (a.k.a. YELLING)......... DANGIT!!!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

sounds like a long night :( Hope you got a chance to take a nap today!