Today I took Will for his 2 month wellness check (I'm a little late since he was 10 weeks yesterday!) at the pediatrician's. By the way, I have to say...I LOVE my pediatrician......she's just awesome! Anyway, Baby Gigantor is ginormous and weighing in at 9lbs 12oz! The doc was especially happy because preemies always seem to be trying to "catch up" to other babies their age and Will is doing awesome at that so far. He is currently in the 10th percentile for weight and 20% for length (22 inches). He's freakishly long and I have a feeling he will be following in Lili's footsteps and will be in the 97% for heighth by the time he's 18 months (just like Lili!). Outside of all of the good stuff (his growth), we also had to chat about a few of the icky things going on lately. Mr. Will has been extremely constipated and having a difficult time with his formula. He's a calmer baby than Lili was, so he has been handling his discomfort a little better, however we can still tell that he's miserable. He hadn't pooped since Tuesday morning when he fired out a few rocks (literally!), but apparently the doc's office acts like a laxative and he had a MAJOR explosion while waiting for his shots to be administered. It was HUGE...and greener than the grass in springtime! I used about 20 wipes and just as I was finishing up, he decided to whip out the fire hose and douse the nurse. I yelled "Duck!", but she wasn't quick enough. What a mess! I absolutely HATE changing boy diapers! Girl diapers are so much easier! Even when they decide to go while you're swapping them out, it's more like a bubbling, oil well of pee...rather than the deathly spray of the fire hose. Well, I hear my little fireman calling me now! Gotta go!
I cracked up laughing when I read this! haha :) I've been sprayed a couple times while changing boys diapers while babysitting, so I can totally relate to that! haha!
I am a mother of two toddlers (16 months apart), who are slowly but surely sucking the life out of me. My memory is shot to hell, but the one thing I DO remember each and every day is how grateful I am to get to be their Mom and how empty my life would be without them!
3 comments:
this made me literally laugh out loud! Glad he's doing so well, and hope the poop situation will get under control soon...that's no fun!
I cracked up laughing when I read this! haha :) I've been sprayed a couple times while changing boys diapers while babysitting, so I can totally relate to that! haha!
Note to Andrea: Google a product called "pee pee teepee"
Post a Comment