Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Holy Terror

Miss. Lili was a holy terror this morning. From the time she woke up until the time she went down for her nap, she fussed and was CRAZY LOUD. If you tell her she's being too loud and needs to use inside voices she just scowls at you and says, "Loud!"........then shrieks again. She's been eating an insane amount of food and drinking a ton as well, so maybe it's growth spurt time? All I know is this kid is already several inches taller than most of the other kids her age, so I'm sort of hoping she gets a little chubbier instead...especially since her 12-18 pants are too short and now that I've put her in the 18-24 month pants, they are falling off her little butt! Whose brainiac idea was it to start making kids clothes in 6 month increments starting at 6 months? Ridiculous! I compared a 12-18 month pair of jeans to an 18-24 month pair of jeans and we're talking about a 4 inch difference in length! Sure, this makes sense because I'm sure most kids are growing that much in a 6 month period of time, but when you 1st put them in the clothes, they're huge! Oh well...I just have to suck it up because the clothing stores aren't giving me too many other options right now!

Speaking of clothes...for all of you Gymboree addicts out there, Gymbucks redemption starts on Thursday! WOOHOO! If you have Gymbucks and don't plan to use them (Heather!), you can always donate them to the Lili and Willie clothing fund. For some reason, I just can't resist Gymboree!

Will did a little better last night. We fed him at 10pm and then he woke up at midnight, 2am, 5am and 8am. Before the vaccinations he was pretty much still consistently waking up every 3 hours. I didn't think that was bad, but then when I hear my friends telling me that their newborns are sleeping 4-5 hour stretches at night, I get super jealous and start to wonder if 3 hour stretches aren't that great after all. Haha... I do need to remember though that yes, Will was born 10 weeks ago, but "technically" he's only 14 days old. So maybe for a 14 day old baby every 3 hours is really good? =-)

Kiddieland is almost complete! I should have pictures posted later tonight or tomorrow! I am so excited to share our creation!

2 comments:

Katie said...

yes, for technically only being 14 days old, he's doing pretty well! Hopefully he'll get back to his old sleep habits soon though!!

Funny about Lili's clothes! I think Mara is getting taller than we realize, I held up a pair of jammies the other day and they seemed WAY too long, but fit her perfectly!

ErinL said...

He's doing great! Henri is 8 weeks and STILL waking up every 2 hours to "feed" (not eat, he's feeding off my lifeforce, I swear)... consider yourself lucky!