Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Too Much Fun!









Will woke up every hour to an hour and a half throughout the night last night and had the most pathetic little whimpers. I let him eat as much as he wanted and gave him Motrin every 6-8 hours. This morning he was still fussy, but as the day continued on he started sleeping longer stretches and doesn't seem quite as bad this evening. I'm hoping tonight is a better night and that I have my Sweet Boy back tomorrow!

Despite Will's crazy post-vaccination adventure (by the way everyone, you're right...I don't want Will to end up like the baby on Private Practice so I will continue to get him vaccinated!), we had a full day of activities today and had so much fun! Drew went ice fishing early this morning and returned home to take Lili sledding for the 1st time in our front yard. After bundling her up in her snowsuit, winter jacket, boots, hat and mittens, she could hardly move! The funniest thing is that whenever she fell down, she would reach her hand up to Drew to have him help her back up. She didn't seem too thrilled with the sled itself, but LOVED walking to and from each corner of our block. When we told her it was time to go inside for lunch, she started to throw a fit.......which I quickly prevented by bribing her with a juicebox. We only give her one every couple of days and she is required to be in her highchair while drinking it...so it's a special treat! I tried to capture a pic of her enjoying her juicebox, but as you can see my camera was fogging up after being out in the cold!

After a nice long nap our friends Ciana and Keith and their son, Logan, came over for a playdate and dinner. We had a great time catching up and watching our kids play together. Logan is only 4 months older than Lili and this was the 1st time they had seen each other since the summer. Lili is catching up to him in height and weight, so they were both dishing out as much as they were taking from the other one. Overall though, they played amazingly well together and we didn't have to break up TOO many "fights"! The best part was watching them riding around the kitchen on the Pooh Train...oh, and giving each other hugs and kisses! It was too cute! We were very glad to have some company tonight and are hoping to do it again soon!

1 comment:

Katie said...

that sled is really cute!
I love Will's outfit too ;)