Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Marley & Me
So last night my sister and I went to see "Marley & Me". Even though it was more of a drama than a comedy, I was laughing hysterically because so many of the scenes reminded me of my own personal life. Basically the movie starts with Jenny and John getting married. It then moves throughout their lives as they get their first dog, Marley, have children, etc. What reminded me so much of Drew and I were the experiences they had with Marley while everything else was going on. Lola was (and still is) like Marley in so many ways. She flunked out of obedience training class, just like Marley did...she never listened to her parents, just like Marley didn't...she chewed through EVERYTHING, just like Marley. It's like they were the same dog! Then, seeing how Jenny and John handled having kids while still wrangling in Marley, left my side hurting. There is a scene where Jenny (played by Jennifer Aniston) is FREAKING OUT on John (played by Owen Wilson) because she just can't handle the dog anymore. She's at her wits end...motherhood is stressful...and Marley is too much. She insists that John get rid of Marley immediately. This was totally me just a few months ago! I loved Lola to death...and still do...but I absolutely could NOT handle two little ones AND Lola. Lola was a full time job because we allowed her to get away with murder. We never gave her enough rules and boundaries, so she knew we were huge pushovers. Starting to do that with her after having kids was never going to happen...as Jenny and John also found out! Anyway, I just had to share how much I laughed at that movie and how much better it made me to feel to see that other couples can't always handle parenthood and pethood either!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I want to see that movie! The book was awesome!! :)
Lola is very sweet...but she hates the 50-60 MPH wind we had last night Drew and Andrea did a superb job spoiling her and now we get to reap the benefit!
Post a Comment