Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Sunday, January 11, 2009

KIDDIELAND REVEALED!!!








Finally...pics of the room that my sister and I decorated last week! Basically we woke up one morning and decided that the room needed to be painted, so off I went to Hardware Hank. I picked out a pretty bright red and without even consulting Drew, we had the room done by the time he got home that evening. He's not real picky when it comes to the colors in our house, however he was a little surprised...and also a bit irritated because our painting project basically created an even bigger mess in our house than was already there. Yikes! He got over it fairly quickly though as the room started coming together. We got almost everything from IKEA...the table and chairs, CRAB seat covers, hammock, area rug, wood shelving and multi-colored bins. We found the Solar System painting at Target. The only thing left to be done is to hang some pics of the kids around the window. I purchased some black frames and just need to pick some of my favorites and print them out. I'm sure it will take me another month just to do that!
Thanks for all of your help Sista...and your ideas!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! Very cool! I'm sure Lili loves it...and Will will too once he gets older. The red goes great with everything. I like the organizational bins too. A big accomplishment for your maternity leave...nice work!

Katie said...

holy crap! That looks awesome!! I wish I had an extra room so I could do something like that! I love the crab seat covers!!