Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Friday, January 23, 2009

Did I Break A Mirror?

I'm trying to figure out when I must have broken a mirror...that's 7 years bad luck, right? It seems like the last couple of years have been a whirlwind of ups and downs...with the downs being REALLY down...and the ups being REALLY up... My Mom was admitted to the ICU at Toledo Hospital yesterday afternoon. She was at home and started having trouble breathing. They have done some preliminary tests (a CT scan, chest x-ray, etc.), but so far we haven't been given any details as to what is going on. When the ambulance got her to the hospital they had her stabilized, but after the CT scan she was in distress again so they had to put her on a bipap machine. If she had any trouble throughout the night they were going to intubate her. Right now I'm waiting to hear from my sister who drove from Cleveland last night to be with her. I'm hoping she finally has some information to share with all of us. My Mom was recently told that she would need to have open heart surgery to repair a valve and clear a blockage, so we're wondering if all of this is directly related to that or is a new issue altogether. I'm just hoping that no matter what it is, that it can be "fixed". All of the bad things that have happened over the last couple of years always ended up with good results, so I have my fingers crossed that her situation will be the same way. It's awful that someone so young has to deal with all of these health issues, but maybe after surgery and treatment we will find a more energetic, motivated and happier Mom?

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm so sorry! I hope everything turns out ok!! How scary! :(