Will is now 11 weeks old and we have yet to see him smile. Yes, we see the I'm-Dreaming-Of-Puppies smiles...we also see the I-Tooted smiles...but we haven't seen the You're-My-Mommy-And-You're-So-Funny smiles. It could be because I'm not very funny, but I swear I am! I'm EXTREMELY funny! There's no way he couldn't find me at least a little bit amusing. All of the books and the doctors tell me that I need to give him some time, considering he should only be 17 days old, however I find that so hard to do. I feel like I've been a Mom of 2 for almost 3 months now...and I have! I deserve a smile...just one! It seems as if I have been staring into "space" way too long now. C'mon Will! Show us your stuff! I know you have it in you!
I am a mother of two toddlers (16 months apart), who are slowly but surely sucking the life out of me. My memory is shot to hell, but the one thing I DO remember each and every day is how grateful I am to get to be their Mom and how empty my life would be without them!
2 comments:
maybe he's saving all his smiles for me -- we'll see tomorrow ;)
Yeah, Henri's 8 weeks and I only get the "elvis"smiles...the ones with just he corner of his mouth. i'll take it at this point!
Post a Comment