So I am totally hooked on "Twilight". You know, the books by Stephanie Meyer that everyone is talking about? The one they recently made into a movie? First of all, I don't read. Yes, I CAN read...but I choose not to. I used to be an avid reader growing up. In fact, I would attribute most of my chubbiness throughout life to being a homebody with my nose in a book. Reading is what got me tickets to the New Kids On The Block concert when I was in grade school and made me popular for just a few days. At some point in my 20s though, something changed...oh yeah, I unofficially became ADD and suddenly I couldn't read even a paragraph of the most exciting book without falling asleep or not retaining any of it and having to read it 100 times over. In the end, I said to hell with books and stayed away from anything that was longer than an article in PEOPLE magazine. O.k., back to my point...so I don't read and I especially do not read books about vampires or anything else that couldn't actually happen in real life. Some of you freaks might challenge me about vampires being "real", but if I were you, I would keep those thoughts to myself so as not to let on that you're a cuckoo bird. Geez...focus Andrea... So anyway, I couldn't imagine that this series was really all that exciting and had no intention of purchasing the book..........but then I was at the grocery store one day...and it was staring at me...and it made me think about the many weeks I would be spending at home on maternity leave...and those very lonely feedings in the wee hours of the morning...and so I grabbed the pocket paperback and threw it in the cart. It's been sitting on my desk for several weeks now and I finally decided to give a try the other night. It's like crack...or what I would imagine crack would be like...and I can't put it down! I'm almost done with the 1st one so tomorrow I have to go pick up the other 2 at Target since the thought of going even one day without them irritates me. This is ridiculous! I never should have started the madness!
I totally know what you are saying. I stopped reading in grad school and it took me a long time to get back in it. For 2009, I'm trying to read a book a week-mostly while pumping/feeding the parasite.
I am a mother of two toddlers (16 months apart), who are slowly but surely sucking the life out of me. My memory is shot to hell, but the one thing I DO remember each and every day is how grateful I am to get to be their Mom and how empty my life would be without them!
6 comments:
I'm sure Katie will be thrilled to hear about this! I have to go get number 2 yet myself!
YEAH!!! About time!! I TOLD YOU they were addicting! I don't know how Shelly has gone so long without the second book!!!
PS - there are FOUR total books!
Dangit! Now I have to read FOUR books total??!?!?!? Crazy... That's more than I've read in a decade!
you can do it!! ;)
I totally know what you are saying. I stopped reading in grad school and it took me a long time to get back in it. For 2009, I'm trying to read a book a week-mostly while pumping/feeding the parasite.
Post a Comment