I have no idea what is wrong with Will...or what isn't wrong with him. Colic...formula intolerance...stomach bug...who knows? All I do know is that for the last 3 days he fussed consistently, drew up his legs and was extremely gassy from noon until 7 or 8pm. Now today, he's been doing much better (knock on wood). Maybe it will start late...or maybe it won't come at all? Maybe this really is just a stomach bug that is finally going away or his little body adjusting to the new formula? I am really hoping that he stays content and relaxed........
Besides Lili just being generally crazy, she has started to do some pretty funny things lately to PURPOSEFULLY get a reaction from Drew or I. For instance, one night we were at the dinner table and Lili discovered that her finger could go up her nose. She doesn't know how to pick it, but she now knows there are two holes and her fingers fit in them perfectly. She also knows that as soon as she did that, Daddy told her that that was yucky and pulled it out. This was amusing to her, so now every night...while we are sitting at the dinner table...if Drew is with us...she will look right at him and stick her finger up her nose. Then she laughs. I am just hoping that she doesn't realize there are things she can pull out of her nose and that she doesn't start to eat them. To get a rise out of Mommy, she starting chewing on her shoes. A few weeks ago as I was unloading the kids from the car after picking Lili up from daycare, I went around to her side to find her with her foot pulled up to her face. She was chewing on the end of her shoe. I told her that that was dirty and icky and she shouldn't put it in her mouth. Once again, Lili was amused...so now every day, after I pick her up from daycare and go to get her out of the car, there she is...with her shoe in her mouth...chewing on the end and looking at me with this evil gleam in her eye and a smile on her face. Little rascal!
This morning Will and I went to Target. Target is truly a deadly store for me to be in. I'm surprised we haven't lost everything we own due to the amount of money we spend in that store. There always seems to be SOMETHING that we "need". Today I finally picked up a DUSTBUSTER! Woohoo! This is exciting for me because it means I can quickly and easily sweep up the goldfish cracker crumbs from Lili dropping them on the living room floor and accidentally crushing them into a million pieces! Good stuff! I also was able to pick up the next 2 books in the Twilight series. Stupid vampires...sucking me into their lives... I have to say I'm a little annoyed though. First of all, Target was out of the 4th novel in the series altogether, so at some point I will have to go back to get it, so I can continue to feed my obsession. I'm also annoyed because I now have 1 pocket paperback and 2 hardbacks. I guess only the 1st and 2nd books are in paperback right now, which is why I was forced to go to hardbacks. This means that I will eventually have to replace the 1st book with a hardback because I can't have 1 paperback and 3 hardbacks...that's just dumb! I suppose I can always send the paperback to my Mom to keep her entertained while she is recovering from her surgery. We still don't know when that will be yet, but she's going to need something to occupy her mind! Not sure if I can convince her to read this series or not. Like me, she normally isn't into these types of books....but if I can get sucked in, I'm sure she can!
Since I didn't vote this year, I decided to be a good citizen and listen to Obama's inauguration speech. I'll admit, the whole inaugural process is sort of fun to watch. I still think he should have made National Scrapbooking Day a paid holiday...
Looks like I might actually be getting a paycheck soon! Our insurance finally decided it was time to give me my 6 weeks of "paid" (66%) leave...better late than never....and just in time to order pics from the last two photo sessions our photographer did of the kids! Drew will be thrilled to see that money flying out the window!
Speaking of Drew...he thought he was a pretty funny guy last night. After coming out of the bathroom, I was greeted by this:


2 comments:
I love the picture with Curious George!!
I hope today was another 'better' day!!
Forgot to also mention -- yes, it's annoying about the Twilight books. I have two paperback and two hardcovers! Ugh!
And I can just picture Lili eating her shoe...haha..
Post a Comment