Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Sunday, January 25, 2009

"Ca-Ca" & "Boo-Bee"



Lili has a filthy mouth! O.k...maybe not.......but all the other Moms out there are going to blacklist me and ostracize my "sweet" little girl! Lili's favorite snack just so happens to be "ca-cas" (crackers) and "ju" (juice)..................and her belly button is a "boo-bee". We have a very cute book by Sandra Boynton called "The Belly Button Book" in which belly buttons are referred to as "beebos". I could have sworn Lili had already mastered that word, but now that I think back on it, she only ever pointed to belly buttons (hers or ours) when we would say "beebo"......she never actually said it herself. Now she's saying it, but it's not coming out as "beebo"...to her, it's "boo-bee". This morning I was repeating it over and over again, trying to get her to pronounce it the right way. She wasn't interested. I even exaggerated the sounds..."BEEEEE-BOOOOOOOOOOOOO"....Lili smiled and out came...."BOOOOO-BEEEEEE!". Could she be dyslexic? All I know is that Lili will be confined to our house for the next few months until she gets these words more accurately defined in her vocabulary! I can't take any chances! Plus, with those evil looks she gives people, no one would believe her innocence!

No comments: