My Mom had some additional tests done this week and found out that she is going to need open heart surgery to repair at least one valve, as well as a bypass. I can't believe this is the outcome. She seems way too young to be having all of these issues and I honestly thought that if anything needed to be done, it wouldn't be that! I thought she would be more upset than she is, but she's actually handling it very well. I think she's just relieved to know what is going on and can now prepare herself for it. I still have my fingers crossed that after this is all done, that she will have more energy and more motivation to live a healthier, happier life. She deserves that and I can't stand to see her the way she is now...especially after growing up with a Mom who was completely different! We're not exactly sure when she is going to have the surgery, but she is meeting with the cardiac surgeon today to get more details. I hope all of her questions get answered!
I am a mother of two toddlers (16 months apart), who are slowly but surely sucking the life out of me. My memory is shot to hell, but the one thing I DO remember each and every day is how grateful I am to get to be their Mom and how empty my life would be without them!
2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear that! At least they have a plan of action now, and hopefully everything will go well!!
I work on a heart surgery floor, so if you have questions during the process, feel free to ask me! :) I'll be thinking about your mom!
Post a Comment