I will probably get beaten up for this post, but oh well...this mag gives me that "I don't care" feeling...which might be dangerous. Anyway, my nurse for the day came in around noon and hands me this slip of paper with a phone number and a website address on it. She's rambling on about something and my brain literally could not wrap itself around any of it, so I ask her again what it was for. "It's for the election. For your absentee ballot. You DO want to VOTE, DON'T YOU?!?!?!?" Ummm...yeah, sure...go away. I take it from her, she leaves and I toss it into my pile of stuff I will probably never touch.
Dad, you may not want to continue reading this post...I'm sure you will start to question where I came from...and when you can't figure it out (have you ever thought about the mailman?) I'm afraid you might disown me...
No, I have no plans to vote. In fact, in my 32 years of life I have never voted. I am one of those people who has a very pessimistic view of the whole process. I'm not particularly passionate about any one issue or any one candidate. Sure, I have my worries just like everyone else.....the "what ifs" start creeping up on me.....but then I smack myself in the head and remind myself that what is going to happen is going to happen and we will all survive. Some things may not be ideal or they may not be what I wanted...but it is what it is...I still have my family...we're still healthy...and we always figure it out in the end. I've taken those online quizzes to help me figure out who I "should" vote for based on my own personal views and although one name always comes out at the end, it still isn't clear to me. It's not like I'm right in sync with one of the candidates for 90% of the issues and the other for only 10%.......mine are more like 60%/40% or 55%/45%. That doesn't tell me anything. There are two topics of conversation I try never to enter into with family and friends..........religion and politics. I know everyone is going to have their own opinion, just as I have mine. I respect the fact that we may not agree on everything and probably won't agree on much at all. Just thinking about going rounds with people on these subjects exhausts me!
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
2 comments:
If you do the absentee ballot you don't even need to leave your bed! Ha ha. I think you and I have had this conversation before though. ;)
You have to do the absentee thing. I LOVE voting and "deciding the fate of the future generations" while in my slippers. Even better if there's a glass of wine with me. I take a nice, hot bath, get my glass of wine (ok, not this year, but usually) get my pjs on and my slippers and my voter's guide and flip through and see who wins my own popularity contest. Maybe it is because I wasn't popular in HS and I want to pick who should "win" and watch TV and see if my guys won. LOL. I'm not dissing you. I'm just saying you are missing out on a good time! If you are bored in bed anyway on election night, pick some favorites and then you can cheer them on that night on TV or throw your green beans at them.
Post a Comment