Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Friday, October 24, 2008

Cottage Cheese Face

I've had 3 people "notice" my rosacea today and comment on it. One of the ladies from the IV team tried to be nice and said it looked like I had butterfly wings on my cheeks...I didn't realize that there were butterfly wings in the world with bright, red, puffy, cottage cheese-like CRATERS on them. The other 2 were nurses who both said, "Has anyone given you anything for that???" I seem to be having a flare-up the last couple of days, so I'm looking especially red and curdlike. I'm thinking that people shouldn't be allowed to comment on facial deformities unless they have a medically approved treatment for knocked up chicks.

5 comments:

ErinL said...

I pushed for only 10 minutes with my first son and ended up breaking every capillary in my face. NO ONE TOLD ME UNTIL THE NEXT DAY. Seriously people, we in the hospital do not have all-access to mirrors, a clue would be nice!

Katie said...

did they just comment, or did they offer to try to give you something to help it? Kind of rude to just mention it and then leave!!

ErinL said...

lol, katie, maybe they left running as she threw a bedpan at them....

Andrea said...

Hmmmm...maybe I should ask for one of those bedpans......not to use, of course....just to chuck at people when they're being stupid!

Katie said...

hahaha...