So every day one of the doctors from Women's Health (my OB clinic) comes by to check on me. It's pretty much a different doctor every time due to their rotation schedule...though I'm now starting to loop back around to the doctors that I saw at the beginning of last week. I'm finding that the conversations we are having are starting to become very repetitive...they go something like this...
A: So when are you sending me home again?
DR: (Laughter) You're not going home.
A: Really? (This is where I give them my "shocked" look...as if I wasn't expecting that answer.)
A: So when is this baby coming out?
DR: (More laughter) Hopefully not for a long time.
A: So when are you taking me off of that magnesium that makes me feel like crap? (Yes, I really do use the word "crap" with the Dr...they're human...or so I would assume...)
DR: Oh, probably around 34 weeks.
A: But that's 5 weeks away!!
A: Can I have a c-section?
DR: Not unless baby is breech or having other issues.
A: Can I have extra drugs since I didn't get any last time?
DR: (Lots of laughter here...no response...)
I'm getting tired of the same responses from them! You would think they could humor a poor, fat, bedridden, pregnant chick for a few minutes each day! =-)
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
3 comments:
That’s good, but try spicing it up a little, vary the questions some.
Here’s a few suggestions:
Do you have any oatmeal?
What do you think of the name Ointment?
Don’t you just miss that Riki Lake?
Do my ears look a little orange-ish to you?
When’s the last time you had a good piece of fried catfish?
I’m the best patient on this floor, aren’t I? You can tell me. I promise not to brag to the other patients.
How much do you like wicker?
Can you bring me some yarn?
Hang in there Andrea.......you need to keep that bun in the oven as long as possible:) I know it is not easy, but just think.......this is the calm before the storm. Can you catch up on putting Lili's photos in albums, or her baby book or scrapbook while you're in bed? GOOD LUCK TO YOU:):)
can't they just hook up an epidural now, and turn it up when you need it? That way you get that whole thing out of the way ahead of time, and it's ready! haha. Ask the next doctor that!!
Post a Comment