Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Caribou Visitation Requirement

I have decided that I am not a happy person without my coffee! For anyone daring to visit me here, there is now a Caribou requirement for entry into my room. I'm not picky! Ideally, I would love a large cold press with half a shot of white chocolate.....or a medium pumpkin spice skim latte...but I will take anything. Vanilla latte, mocha, skim milk or fatty milk...whatever you can think to ask for. It's all coffee and it all tastes good. Supposedly there is a Caribou here in the hospital somewhere, though I'm not sure where. They say the "skyway"...but I know they don't mean skyway like the downtown skyways...so who knows? I don't have cash on me now, but I think I'm going to ask Drew to get me a bunch of $5 bills so that I can reimburse people when they come to feed my addiction. I'm sure some of you out there are "Healthy Mommies" who didn't take even a sip of caffeine while pregnant, but I think my babies enjoy caffeine...and I would die without it. I have cut WAY back on my daily caffeine consumption...but a coffee a day keeps the doctor away! Seriously...it does!!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

you are too funny! I hope someone brings you some coffee soon!!!

Katie said...

PS -- you really need to read Twilight! You have lots of time! Have Drew get it for you!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey - weren't you a Starbucks barrista at one time?? Well, gotta ask - what's Caribou got that Starbucks doesn't? Or would you take a Starbucks too? lol I don't really know the difference as I'm mostly a tea drinker, BUT there are times I crave a caramel macchiato now after having had one in Seattle!

Don't know when Baby Lane will arrive as my crystal ball is really just cheap glass after all. This is only the beginning of your child keeping you in suspense and/or "on pins and needles"! ; )
Great news that Lili likes her new day care situation and that Drew has some extra help! In just 2 days you'll see that "oreo girl" lol!