Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Thursday, October 23, 2008

I've Been Traumatized

IV # 5/Stab 9........so today the IV team came back to change my site. I had this done last Saturday and the girl was awesome. She numbed the area and got er' done on the very first try...2 seconds later (literally!)...she was taping me up and gettin' the heck out of here. Today.........not so easy. A guy and a girl came in and the girl said, "Hi, we're ____ and ____ from the IV team. ____ is going to change your site for you and I'm just shadowing". Well, to me, that means HE'S the experienced one and she's just OBSERVING..........maybe I'm stupid, but that was NOT the case. HE was new...she was the experienced one....and I got stabbed twice with lots of digging before it was stable. I've decided Baby Boy Lane must come out within 5 days (before the next site change). The kid is already a little warrior in my belly....there is absolutely NO WAY he can't be perfectly healthy!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You have not had very good luck with those IV's!