Drew's "job"...for many months now...has been to name this baby. I have a strong desire to embroider it, paint it or tattoo it on SOMETHING before he arrives. Initially I was going to give Drew until Halloween to pick a name and if he didn't, I was just going to call the poor baby something and get it sewn on onesies and burpies before he could change it. Since this little bugger is on his own schedule...and since Drew is a little busy these days...we are now seeking the help of friends and family to name this baby. What have we come up with so far? Well, there are currently 4 names that both of us "approve" of and each one has spent some time in the # 1 name spot. The sad part is that Drew won't commit to any of them.....which MUST mean that he hasn't heard the "right" one yet........
Here is our criteria:
1. Cannot have more than 2 syllables (Drew won't approve any name with more than that.)
2. Cannot sound "feminine" (Cuz this boy is gonna be a huntin' man! Rarrrr!)
3. Cannot rhyme with any derogatory terms that could cause emotional harm to our boy in future school years (i.e. Fatty Patty, Porky Corky, etc.)
4. Cannot make Andrea think of living in a trailer and frying up squirrel for Thanksgiving dinner (This means "Earl" is NOT an option!)
Here are the 4 names we currently have at the top of our list...in no particular order:
**Please note that the middle name is Andrew. This is nonnegotiable.
1. Miles Andrew
2. Wyatt Andrew
3. Devlin Andrew
4. William (Will) Andrew (I think William might be more than 2 syllables...maybe...depending on how it's pronounced? I think of Will-yum...which would be 2....... Well, if it is 3, it doesn't count!)
We have already received some interesting feedback on our choices so far and although we are taking all suggestions/advice seriously......these opinions have yet to completely wipe out any of these names for us.
If you believe you have some names for us to consider which meet our criteria, please comment on this post. We need help!!!!!
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
5 comments:
I am still 100% down with Otis.
Small issue with one of the suggestions you have:
Miles Andrew - MilDrew (but maybe that's just me)
If not it's not gonna be Owen, Otis, or Kedroistotallyawesome, then my vote is for Wyatt.
Who's this "chris" character who is down with the name Otis??? Your opinion doesn't count anymore ;)
Ok, here's what I am thinking (in no particular order)...
1. Cody
2. Lucas (this is one of my most favorite names but I dated a Lucas once and I think that's a no no to name your baby after an ex. This name I am GIVING you)
3. Jaden (after Britney's son of course!)
4. Landon (I like the "L" names for you guys. I did such an awesome job picking Lili's name that I think you should stick to this. I always have to bring up the fact that I named her because I am still a little bitter that you stole my most favorite girl name from me :P)
5. Liam (after Tori Spelling's baby!)
6. I do like "chris's" idea of Owen. So maybe your opinion is counting a little now...
7. Oliver - I think it would be fun to call him Ollie :)
That's all I've got for now Sista. I'll keep thinking though!
Miles & William, the other two are more "trendy" but these two will be classics.
I like William...it is classic and goes really well with Lilian. Plus, lots of nickname options :) The others are cute too. With Devlin I'd imagine you'd get lot of "devil" comments...
Once you name the baby and he's here, whatever name you pick will be 'perfect' for him! :)
I'm with Katie. I think William really goes well with Lillian. You can't go wrong with the classic names.
Post a Comment