Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Friday, October 17, 2008

An Awesome Husband


I have to say that I have a pretty awesome husband. I'm not sure that I would be able to handle all of these "surprises" quite so calmly. Since Lili's birth he has been a "single Dad" while I went on several scrappin' weekends, not to mention my week in the hospital in December for gallbladder surgery...and now this. I honestly have not had even 1 night without Drew in the house that entire time. Whenever something like this happens, he always sounds a little stressed the first few times I call, but then wham...he gets his own schedule down and it's like nothing is different! Right now he gets Lili up every morning and gets her ready for daycare...drops her off and makes sure she has everything she needs...works a pretty stressful full-time job as an operations manager...picks Lili up from daycare in the evenings...does her bedtime routine (including a bath every night!)...gets everything ready for the following day (including packing me little bags of clothes for when he can stop by the hospital, packing Lili's diaper bag, etc.)...catches up on laundry and tidies the house...then finally goes to bed only to wake up again the next morning to start all over. Yes, we do have some friends helping for a couple of hours on Tuesday and Thursday nights while Drew goes to kick some butt at his martial arts class...but aside from those breaks, he's doing everything himself...100%. I am very grateful to have someone who probably does a better job at parenting than I do and who is able to put up with all of this crap and still be a great Dad. Lili adores him and I can totally see why!

No comments: