Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Friday, October 17, 2008

Arms Of A Crack Whore

Yep...that's what I've got............and I don't even do crack! Oh and I'm not a whore either! Since being in my prison I have developed an IV-phobia....I'll have to look that up to see if there is a "special" name for it. I am not afraid of needles and I am not afraid of blood...but IVs are SCARY! Right now they are prepping for my 4th IV. I have had 3 successful IVs since I was first admitted last Monday and 4 failures (where they stabbed me and didn't get it right). Apparently, to prevent infection, they have to change my IV every 4 days. As soon as they get one in, I start worrying about the next. If I make it to 34 weeks (which is when they are saying they will turn off the magnesium) I could potentially have another 7-8 successful IVs to go through...God only knows how many failures. These poor nurses are very nice, but I really wish they could just knock me out while they "play" with my veins....... =-(

No comments: