Today we had "group". This is where all of us fat, long-term, pregnant chicks get together to talk about being fat, pregnant and long-term. They do this once a week, on Wednesdays at 2pm. The nurses make us buttered popcorn (like "real" popcorn...not just the microwave junk!) and bring us Sprite (huh? No caffeine?). It was actually nice to be let out of my prison and to see that other people really did live up on this floor. There were definitely some interesting characters in the group though.......... I happened to sit next to the girl who was only 24 weeks along in her pregnancy...her boyfriend (the baby's daddy) left her...she's now getting a restraining order against him....yikes! I've got a pretty darned good life! Most of the other women were fairly normal and in similar situations to myself. An interesting thing I found out is that if your water breaks, you can actually still continue on being pregnant for many, many weeks. There were 5 women in the group who all had ruptured membranes anywhere from 22-26 weeks and they were still hanging on at 32-34 weeks. I was totally shocked by that! Especially since when my water broke with Lili, I told Drew that we HAD TO GET TO THE HOSPITAL ASAP BECAUSE THIS BABY HAD TO BE OUT WITHIN 24 HOURS OR IT WOULD DIE! Hmmm...guess I was a little misguided? Sounded good at the time.............
3 comments:
I still think I heard that you are supposed to deliver within 24 hours of your water breaking. Now I need to find something online to prove this...haha!
Hey lady.
I had a kid in Joanne Fabric's yesterday whisper to his mom that I was "REALLY FAT". NICE! My response, after running out of the aisle, was to buy an almond joy candy bar on the way out of the store. Fat chicks rule!
Andrea, I am laughing out loud reading your blog.......you have got to have one of the best senses of humor for someone stuck in a hospital bed! Hang in there...don't let the "group" get you down, like you said, it is good for showing you how nice and normal your life is:) Take care!!
Post a Comment