Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Friday, March 13, 2009

Worst Mom In The World

This week we had two incidents that won me the Worst-Mom-In-The-World award. I'll tell you about the not-so-tragic one first.

Will has pink eye...again. He got it about a week and a half ago, we gave him antibiotic eye drops twice a day for 5 days and it seemed to go away. Then this past Saturday, he woke up with 2 goopy eyes again. The doc had given us a new prescription and "said" he was putting us on the same stuff as last time, so we got it filled and continued our twice a day drop routine. By Tuesday, the poor guy's eyes were the goopiest I had ever seen and the kid slept ALL DAY...literally. He just would not wake up! On Wednesday I was getting ready to take him back to the doctor and decided to double check the prescription. Ummm...yeah...not the same stuff. Apparently the doc gave us a different type of antibiotic drop and this one needed to be administered every 3-4 hours!!!! No wonder his eyes were getting worse! We were only giving it to him twice a day! I was so mad at myself for not doublechecking. That's what I get for assuming!

Now for the tragic incident........which I am seriously traumatized by. This morning Will fell off the couch. He got up at 5am and we were laying on the couch with a fresh bottle. At some point, I must have fallen asleep...which is fairly common these days considering Lili has been waking in the night too. Anyway, I had him cradled in my arm laying next to me eating and next thing I know I hear..."Boom! Wah!!!" I flew up off the couch and found him laying flat on his tummy on the floor. I about died. He ended up crying for a couple of minutes...then vomited up what I'm pretty sure was the entire 3 oz he had just taken (most likely due to the scare)...then was his typical smiley self after that. I just keep thinking about how many times I held both of my babies like that in the middle of the night for a feeding..."thinking" that I had a good hold on them... Granted, it was only about a foot and a half off the ground, but that's still a long way for a little guy like Will! I feel sick... I cannot believe it even happened.

Just a couple of indicators for you on the type of week I have been having!

1 comment:

Daddy Files said...

Our Will has fallen off the couch, out of the swing, been knocked down repeatedly by dogs and rolled down an entire flight of stairs on Christmas Eve.

It happens. Don't sweat it.