First we have this lovely dishwasher lock. The biggest issue with this is that although she can't OPEN the dishwasher, she can still start it. We installed the lock over the lever that locks the door, so as long as the lever is in the unlocked position, she can't start the dishwasher either. Of course we're not with it enough to always ensure it is "unlocked" before latching the safety lock, but that's another issue.

Here we have the lock for our pantry. This is the Mother-Lock of all child safety locks. I can barely get the damn thing open, much less a toddler. If you think you've gotten a little chunky this winter and want to lose a few pounds, these locks also encourage weight loss. They are such a pain in the arse to open, I will sometimes give up those evening munchies, just so I don't have to deal with it.
Here is the same lock we installed for our dishwasher...on our garbage can. This is the one that pisses Lili off the most. I think she misses the "treasures" she pulls out of there and drags into the living room to share with us.

No comments:
Post a Comment