We have fast food drive-thrus, drive-thrus at the bank, pharmacy drive-thrus...why is it that we can't have a daycare drive-thru? I'm tellin' ya, by the time I get the kids settled at the center in the mornings and at home in the evenings, I'm pretty much a waste of space. The carseats, winter gear (jackets, hats, mittens, etc.), blankies and binkies are enough to drive anyone bonkers. Last week I had figured out that it was a lot easier to pick up Will from the infant room first and get him bundled in his carseat...before heading over to toddlers to grab Lili. I usually have to leave Will in his carrier right outside the toddler room door (don't worry...I can still see him) because all of the kids flock to him like flies on you-know-what. It's actually pretty darn cute...but with all of the germs running around right now, I'm trying to protect him as much as possible. There is a window right by where I leave him and the kids start to push by each other to get a peek at him. It sort of reminds me of the kids at the zoo who would push their little faces up against the glass to see the swinging monkeys! Anyway, my strategy was working pretty well, until today.......when I found the toddlers playing in the great room at the exact time that I pick them up... I'm forced to walk through there to get to Will, which means Lili saw me right away and next thing you know, I'm wrangling in a toddler while trying to get the baby ready to go. There I was, attempting to buckle him in his carrier with Lili running around destroying the clean room that the infant teachers had just picked up...getting her head stuck in a shelf... I just had to laugh because it was like a 3 ring circus, but what can you do? We eventually got out of there, but that's when my daycare drive-thru idea really started coming to life. Can you imagine how AWESOME that would be? Drive right up...toss the kids in the back...and speed away! Easy peasy!
1 comment:
Our preschool has this! It is fantastic and called "car line" you show up between 8:50 and 9:05am and they get the kid out of the car for you and you wave as they cry and you speed away as fast as you can. Then, you show up again between 2:50 and 3:05pm and they put the now-happy kid back into their carseat. It is fantastic and well worth the insane amount of money we spend on this preschool!
Post a Comment