Tonight...was a better night! I picked the kids up from daycare and Will was smiling like a crazy man and didn't seem quite as congested as he had been this morning. Lili was all stuffed up and her face was so chapped she kept pointing to it and saying "Owee!", but she was HAPPY! She didn't nap for more than an hour this afternoon, which is usually a bad sign, but amazingly we got through dinner, bath, play time and an episode of Barney without any tantrums or basement escapes! She also walked herself back to her room and let me tuck her in to go "ni-ni" without so much as a peep. I really needed that.......to see that things could be manageable......to have hope that the past few weeks were just a fluke with all of the disease running rampant in our house. I still need to figure out how to make things consistently better around here, but that's going to take some time and effort...and creativity!
Sometimes I read back through my posts and wonder what my cult members must think of my ramblings. I seem to use this as a venting ground on many occasions, but hopefully everyone knows that no matter how bad a day I'm having, I love my kids to pieces. In fact, if you think about it, I wouldn't have anything TO vent about if I didn't love them as much as I do! Besides, those sweet little faces are irresistable!
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
1 comment:
oh good - I'm glad you had a better night! Hopefully those continue!!!!
Post a Comment