Drew has been taking classes at the Mixed Martial Arts Academy of MN since the fall and is really enjoying it. He tries to go 3 times a week and just took his test for his orange belt last night. He went from white to yellow in December, so he is moving fairly quickly through the levels. The other night he told me that when he becomes an orange belt, that's when the "fighting" begins. Huh? I guess when you're a white or yellow belt, they focus on exercise...getting you back in shape...and teaching you the basics of the sport. Once you get to orange, you start sparring with other people. Drew and I are both big UFC fans because we love the fact that people beat the crap out of each other and it's not "rigged". It is 100%, down and dirty fighting, with very few rules. The fights can get really exciting and we all know how much I "love" sports...so the fact that I find myself enjoying this one is pretty amusing in itself. Anyway, after Drew's test last night he comes home and says, "If I pass this test and I tell them I want to fight, they'll start training me." Ummm...o.k., what does THAT mean? Are we gonna start a fight club or something? Are they gonna throw a couple of grown men in a basement and let them fight till they can't fight anymore? Well...in case you don't know either...it means some nights he might come home with a black eye...or a broken nose...or half his brain beaten out of him. So I ask if he's going to tell them that he wants to fight and his response is, "We'll find out. If I can take a punch, I just might do that." If you can take a punch, huh? It's all fun and games until your 32 year old husband wants to start fighting... So, I gave him my "approval" under one condition...........if he gets the you-know-what beat out of him...or if there are any visible injuries to speak of after any fight...he has to tell everyone at work that I did it to him.
I am a mother of two toddlers (16 months apart), who are slowly but surely sucking the life out of me. My memory is shot to hell, but the one thing I DO remember each and every day is how grateful I am to get to be their Mom and how empty my life would be without them!
1 comment:
The first rule of Marital Fight Club is we don't talk about Marital Fight Club...
Post a Comment