

I'm pretty sure most of the other parents who see me dropping the munchkins off at daycare think I'm a charity case for the center. I guess I can't blame them considering I'm dressed like a baglady with a shopping cart on my "good" days. Remember that New Year's Resolution to try and do something with myself every morning before leaving the house? Yeah, it's really not happening. I am no more motivated to give a crap about my hair now than I was the day after popping Will out. Occasionally I will feel just a teeny bit of embarrassment for the lack of effort I put into my wardrobe...my hair...my makeup.........but by morning, when I'm tired and frazzled getting the kids to their typical cuteness levels, I honestly could care less. Today I had another twinge of embarrassment about my current "state" as I was getting Lili settled in the toddler room. When she was an infant at the center I met a lot of really nice parents who were super friendly. Many of those kids are still in Lili's class, but there are also quite a few new ones. I'm finding the Snob-Level a little higher for that age group when it comes to the Moms. Maybe they're just having a bad day? Ummm...yeah...but every day? It throws me off a bit because I feel like I'm back in high school again, where there was the "cool crowd"...and then us "nerds". In this case, we've got the "uppity-ups" and then us "soccer Moms"....hahaha... In the end, I'd rather be a soccer Mom any day of the week, but I still can't help but try to analyze why some people can't leave that high school mentality behind. I probably shouldn't waste any more time trying to understand!
No comments:
Post a Comment