Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Not So Big Loser

I made it through week # 1...sticking to my points (I joined WW online)...and feeling pretty good. I lost almost 7 lbs! Don't be too jealous...when you're as fat as I am, the pounds initially POUR off. 7 lbs for me is like the equivalent of 1 lb to an average sized person. The last few days haven't gone quite as well though. I haven't gained any weight back, but I'm pretty sure I haven't lost any either. I'm still doing better than I was prior to signing up for this contest, but...let's just say, when life gets busy, I find it very difficult to be "good". I have a tendency to gravitate towards what is convenient and that doesn't always mean healthy. In fact, it often means really bad for me crap food. Even though I had 3 somewhat icky days, I don't want to give up yet. Normally if I even "cheat" once, I would think the plan was ruined and throw it all out the window. If I can overcome that kind of thinking, then maybe...just maybe...I could stay on a program long term and actually continue seeing the weight drop off. I think my goal for this contest is not necessarily to win...I think it's going to be to just stick with it...which will be a miracle in itself!

4 comments:

Katie said...

everyone has a bad day or two (or three!)...just get back into it! 7lbs is awesome!!! :)

Michelle said...

Great job on the 7 pounds! Don't let a couple of bad days get you down. Stick with it and you will see the results!

Jenna said...

Yay! You're awesome! Do you watch the biggest loser?! It definitely motivates me to work out! Keep up the good work! You give me motivation to keep going! 7lbs is GREAT! I gained a few pounds last week, so I have about 8 pounds to go to make my goal for the wedding! Good luck! :)

Jenny and Jon said...

great job on the pounds lost! It is hard but slow and steady wins the race.....I finaly resorted to doing sit ups and arm curls last night (it's been about a year since I last did those things) as I see no other way that I am going to lose the rest of the weight beyond exercise and toning.......just what I dont have time for, but it does make you feel better when you eat good and exercise, even a few times a week:) Spring is coming too so you can get out more with the kids.