Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Scrappin'

Well, I just got home from a day of scrappin' at Archiver's with my friend Dixie. We had a great time, though I'm pretty sure I talked her ear off........it was lookin' like some of the circulation was gone when she got out of the car. Since my blog is usually the place I "talk" most these days.......or to my munchkins, I get really, super excited when I'm around other adult women and can't seem to shut up. Even when I drop off or pick up the kids from daycare, the teachers get an earful. Lucky them... So anyway, it was great to get away and spend time working on Lili's albums. I am officially done with her 1st year! Granted, that only includes her professional pics and 1st birthday party pics........and does NOT include the 3000+ candids I took on my own...but we won't think about that right now. 5 pink, leather albums later...I can say her 1st year is "done". Now it's time to start on Will's and attempt to keep up on Lili's stuff in-between. We'll see how that goes!

Drew stayed home with the kiddos today and I talked to him several times. Around noon he sounded great. We had another friend watch the kids for a couple of hours this morning so that he could go to his martial arts class, so he was feeling energized after a great workout and the kids were both in a good mood. I talked to him again at 3pm and he was still sounding pretty good. Apparently Lili took almost a 3 hour nap and he was just about to go wake her, however Will had been up for almost 5 hours by that point. I guess he decided he didn't need to nap and was too interested in the world around him. Drew said he was in a really good mood though...smiling lots, laughing, batting at toys and overall, content. Then I talked to Drew at 7:15pm...................and his upbeat attitude had diminished significantly. After getting off of the phone with me at 3pm, Will proceeded to continue his marathon awake period and was wide-eyed and crazy until almost 7pm. He had gotten extremely fussy during this time (most likely from being overtired) and nothing Drew did seemed to satisfy him. He wasn't able to even put him down much and yet he didn't want to be soothed to sleep either. On top of that, Lili didn't get any one-on-one time with Dad, so she was feeling a little misplaced...which always leads to mischief! The story of our lives these days... By that point though, Lili was in bed and Will had finally fallen asleep, so it wouldn't have done me any good to offer to come home early anyway. Saturday nights also happen to be my night to sleep, so I get a double whammy of relaxation and rest......while he's getting a double whammy of parenthood craziness! Poor guy.... I was REALLY close to offering to take on the night shift tonight.......but it's truly my only night for guaranteed, uninterrupted sleep....... Feeling a little guilty about that now, but I need to recharge in order to continue with the week ahead! So, not to delay that rest any longer, I am off to SLEEP!!!! This post helped me to wind down a bit from my 13 hours of scrappin' and my eyelids are getting droopy..............

3 comments:

ErinL said...

So nice! I had my own nice night... Carter's camping, Paul watched Henri and I went to a Twilight party with a friend. So nice. I'm totally going to try to convince Paul to let me sleep one night a week. You're a lucky woman :)

Katie said...

glad you were able to get some time away! I hope I don't end up with as many books for Mara's first year as you have for Lili...haha. I'd need to buy a new house, just to have room for all of them ;)

Michelle said...

You scrapped without me?! Ha ha. Glad you were able to get out for the day. I have another one of those pink albums for you! We'll have to figure out a time to get together soon.