With the acquisition of Eschelon by Integra a little over a year ago, the decision was made to move all of the permanent employees to our Golden Valley office and get rid of the downtown offices altogether. I made my "big move" this week and spent my first day at the new location yesterday. I was a little apprehensive about going, but overall I think it will be a really good change for me. This upcoming November Drew and I will have been with the company for 10 years. When we started, my badge # was 26. It is so crazy to see how the company grew, went public and became very successful. It was also really sad to go through the acquisition and to see so many of our coworkers and friends laid off. Drew and I were lucky to have been given permanent positions with Integra, but it's sort of bittersweet. Yes, we have jobs...but it's not the same company we started with and worked so hard for for so long. So much has changed and we are now discovering what work life is like under a new umbrella. There are positives and negatives to any situation and this one definitely has both. I'm hoping that the new location will help me to feel part of the team and get me back into a "real" work environment again. With more and more people leaving, the downtown offices were becoming a ghost town and it just didn't feel like a working environment anymore. I have high hopes for this new office and for some happier months ahead!
Andrea, what do you and Drew do for the company? I did not realize you both worked for the same company, I have been meaning to ask you what your job is for a while but never seem to remember!
I am a mother of two toddlers (16 months apart), who are slowly but surely sucking the life out of me. My memory is shot to hell, but the one thing I DO remember each and every day is how grateful I am to get to be their Mom and how empty my life would be without them!
1 comment:
Andrea, what do you and Drew do for the company? I did not realize you both worked for the same company, I have been meaning to ask you what your job is for a while but never seem to remember!
Post a Comment