Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Photo Shoot!












Here are some of our favorites from the photo shoot with Jenn last weekend. She did such an awesome job capturing Lili's crazy personality and Will's sweet disposition! I also love that she did this in our home and was able to highlight the funny things they do in the place they are most comfortable in.
Jenn used to be one of Lili's infant teachers at New Horizons, but is now pursuing a career in photography. She's just starting out, but as you can see, she's very talented! If you're interested in having her do a photo shoot for your family, you can contact her through her website http://www.jennolsonphotography.com/. Also, if you want to see the rest of the pics from this photo shoot, you can go here: www.yourpicturesareready.com and enter "310" for the event ID and "lane" for the password.
I am all for supporting friends and family in their business endeavors...especially when they are so talented and deserve a shot at making it in this crummy economy! Recently I sent out a mass email asking people to vote for my friends, Amanda & Tony, who started a business called Spilled Ink Press and were finalists in a contest to win $20,000 in free advertising. Well, guess what? THEY WON!!! Can you believe it?!?!? They totally deserve it, but it still amazes me at what an awesome opportunity this is for them and everything they have worked so hard for! Thanks to everyone who went out there and voted!

Anyway, sorry for the detour...back to these pics! A couple of things to note.............the big giant purple monkey? Our friends Mac & Dave won that for Lili at the State Fair (at least I "think" it was the State Fair?) and it ended up being an awesome prop! If you tell Lili to go get a monkey, she runs to her room and tries to drag that one out! The funniest part about that is that she has a gazillion stuffed monkeys in all shapes, sizes and colors......but she chooses to pick the largest and heaviest one! Also, I love the pic of the "Baby" plaque in Will's room sitting next to the cowboy boots. The boots were actually Drew's when he was little and he apparently LOVED to wear them. They are a little worn and even have little spurs on the backs, which are adorable! I think we will have to get Will in those some day...

3 comments:

Katie said...

those are awesome!! Will is such a sweetie...and I love the gorilla! Lili is looking like such a big girl now! That green dress is really striking on her :) Love them! (I'll have to go check out the rest too!)

Michelle said...

We actually won the huge purple monkey at Valleyfair, but it's all the same! ;) I'm glad that Lili likes it! The photos all turned out great! I bet it was super nice to just be able to do it at your house instead of going to a studio.

Jenny and Jon said...

I love the pics, we just had Jackson's nine months, it is so hard to pick which ones to actually order, enjoy!