I'm at home today...taking care of a sick kid...and a sick self. Started getting a sore throat yesterday and now I feel like poo. I can take the miracle drug of Advil Cold & Sinus though, while Miss. Lili is not quite as lucky. A little Motrin, sure...but that's about it. Drew went to work and dropped Will off at daycare on his way, so it's just us girls. Lili woke up at 7:00am and hasn't let me put her down since........except when she was sitting in the cart at Target and now while she's taking a nap. I hope she sleeps most of the afternoon. She needs it! Waking up 4 times in a night isn't her norm these days and I heard her several other times hacking away. I guess I will try to enjoy the one benefit to all of this, which is the cuddle time with an otherwise unaffectionate toddler!
This morning the kid definitely made me laugh though. Most nights Drew and I are downstairs watching TV, so we will often leave things on the coffee table that Lili really shouldn't be playing with. Usually when we bring her down, we sit her in a chair, grab all of the no-nos off the table and put them on the counter in the bathroom. Dumb...I know. We should just pick them up and put them away, right? Yeah, whatever. It will never happen! So today we came down and I headed back to the computer room to shoot off a couple of emails. Lili followed and played next to me for a few minutes before escaping to the family room...and the coffee table of "untouchables". A minute later she comes back in holding a box of Mike and Ikes. She didn't try to eat any, she just brought me the box. I took it from her, put it on the desk (out of her reach) and thanked her. She leaves and comes back once again with something else. She proceeds to clear everything off the coffee table (just like Mommy and Daddy)...bringing me one item at a time and looking so proud of herself! What a funny kid!
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment