I must have an ulcer...but it's not from the tater tot hot dish. I'm pretty sure it's from stress. I have a constant, nagging stomachache. I'm not going to get into all of the details here, but let's just say the hits keep on comin'! Drew and I had hired a financial advisor last summer and had a really great plan in place to get us where we wanted to be in terms of debt, savings, retirement, etc. Kids really make you start thinking about that kind of stuff! Anyway, we were doing well on it and everything seemed to be falling into place. That's when it all went to hell. I was on bedrest for a month...Will arrived 9 weeks early...all of our school loans came due at once (from a million different places, with outrageous monthly payments)...I found out my short term disability insurance is only covering 2 weeks of my leave at 66% of my pay (rather than the 6 weeks I was told numerous times I would be getting)...we actually owe the IRS $500 this year due to a bunch of changes that happened with some of our investments (we've NEVER had to pay!)...and I won't be seeing anything even close to a full paycheck for another 3 weeks. Even then, they will start deducting the medical premiums, flex payments and 401k contributions that I wasn't able to make while I was on leave, until I have met my committments for that time period. AHHH! I'm sure everyone goes through this at some point in their lives...the harsh reality of our economic state, combined with a bunch of bad luck and unexpected turns in life...dangit! Everything always has a way of working itself out though, so I'm confident we'll be fine. I just have no patience and want all of the loose ends tied up now. I don't want to "work on it"...I want it taken care of! Hmmm...I may have to stop and pick up a Powerball ticket tonight. I'm pretty sure that's the only way out of this mess quickly!
On a happy note though.......my baby boy is still doing great! He's this little butterball of smiles now and seems so content compared to where we were last week! And of course Miss. Lili gets cuter and cuter every day. Yesterday I showed her how to make pretend soup, which she calls "koop" and I would feed her imaginary spoonfuls of the yummy concoction. She thought that was so funny! I'm also trying to get her to do "Itsy-Bitsy Spider" on video...it is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Her hips start swaying to the tune and she tries to do all of the hand motions!
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment