Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lola vs. Lili - Part Deux

Since we did not have daycare yesterday, Drew played Mr. Mom while I went to work. When I arrived home around 5pm, I entered the house to find napkins shredded ALL OVER the basement family room floor. It seriously looked like it had snowed Bounty! Immediately my mind went to..............LOLA! But wait...she's in Washington with Grandma and Grandpa! How could she possibly have destroyed our basement? Ohhhh...that's right.............it was Lola # 2...a.k.a. Lili. Apparently Drew decided that shredding napkins was a perfectly acceptable afternoon activity, so Lili was given free reign to shred away. That's my Lola...I mean, my Lili!

Another Lola habit that I discovered Lili has adopted is what I refer to as Hide-And-Go-Seek-Treat. Many times we would give Lola a treat and she would gobble it right up............but then there were those times when she wanted to "save" it. She would find a spot to hide it and later that same day or maybe even the next day, we would watch as she went off to retrieve it. It was pretty funny because she always gave us this look, as if she thought we were going to take it away from her...almost like she thought she was being "bad". Lili has now started to do this with Goldfish crackers. The kid doesn't seem to want to eat anything else we feed her lately, so Goldfish crackers have become an essential part of her diet. Anyway, we have been giving her a few crackers in a bowl for snacks, which she takes out to the living room to enjoy while playing with her toys. She loves to crawl under coffee tables and end tables and has been leaving little piles of fishies under them. At random other times throughout the day we will then see her crawl into her "forts" to retrieve the fishies. This is when we hear the "crunch! crunch! crunch!" of little "teef" destroying them!

No comments: