Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Monday, February 9, 2009

Feeling Much Better & Starting Daycare




Since our visit to Children's on Friday night, Will has been awesome!!! I don't know if it's the consistency in putting gas drops in his bottles...or the increase in the Zantac...or sucking the boogers out of his nose before each feeding...or all of the above, but SOMETHING is making that boy feel so much better! He has been taking all of his feedings really well and is back up to 3-4 oz bottles. He rarely fusses and is sleeping great. He also is looking more and more like a little boy during his awake times...batting at toys...SMILING... I have my sweet Will back!
Tomorrow Will will be joining his big sister at daycare. I go back to work on Thursday and wanted to make sure I was close by and available for the 1st couple of days in case Mardeen needs anything. Now that he seems to be feeling better, I am hoping that the transition is smooth. The only thing I worry about is how Lili is going to feel having her baby brother in her "space" all day every day. Up until now, her daycare friends and Mardeen have been hers.....now she has to share! I just don't want her to feel like Will is taking that away from her...
Last night I let Lili help with one of Will's feedings. I have been trying to get her involved in some of the things I do with him so that she doesn't feel like all of my time is spent on the baby. I haven't decided yet if I think it's going well or not...haha... I tried to teach her about burping the baby, but now when she sees me patting him on the back, she comes over and WHACKS the poor guy with all her might. Yes, I talk to her about "nice touches" and being "gentle"...but she doesn't quite get it! The feeding went a little better, though she thinks she has to PUSH it in his mouth the entire time he's eating. The expressions on Will's face were priceless! Unfortunately I wasn't quick enough to capture them in the pics!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh that is such good news! I hope daycare goes well tomorrow.

Katie said...

love these pictures! What a little helper :) And so glad to hear Will is doing so much better now!!