- Mix 1 can of cream of celery soup, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and 1 lb of cooked ground beef in a bowl.
- Pour the soup/meat mixture onto the bottom of a 9x12 baking dish
- Top with a layer of sharp cheddar cheese
- Squeeze as many tater tots onto the top of the cheese as you can possibly fit in
- Cook for 45 minutes at 350
- Turn the oven to "Broil" and broil it for another 10 minutes (it makes the tots extra crisp!)
So basically, it's a heart attack on a plate. Very similar to my homemade mac n' cheese! I am now addicted to this crap. It's so easy to make and totally fits in with my if-it-ain't-convenient-I-won't-cook-it philosophy. What this boils down to is that I am probably going to be fat for the rest of my life because "healthy" food takes a lot more time to prepare than the "unhealthy" stuff. Seriously...I'm THIS close to making a different "hot dish" every night of the week! Hmmm...I have to find some motivation SOMEWHERE for making grilled chicken...and salads...and all that good-for-you stuff. At least jalapenos don't have any fat in them! Wahoo!
3 comments:
Here's a hot dish for you...
Ham cubes
shredded cheese
cream of mushroom soup
noodles
mix and serve. However, I have made it better for you by two modifications...
1) add peas
2) mix in some califlower that you boiled and mashed in the mixer/blender (as in a puree)
good comfort food! You can also sub turkey ham for the ham and that will lower the sodium. I promise, even with the modifications it is still way yummy and just as much comfort food as mac 'n' cheese
mmmm hotdish!!
You talking about this "hot dish" thing made me want to try it....I just had to wait for a rainy afternoon...I got it today! I bought the stuff at the store yesterday in anticipation of making this tater tot dish sometime this week, then it rained this afternoon and a cold front (cold for Florida, I think it is 65 out) came through so tater tot hot dish we will try tonight!!
Post a Comment