Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

8 Weeks Yesterday...17 Weeks Tomorrow

Mr. Chubs (a.k.a. Will) was 8 weeks yesterday and is 17 weeks tomorrow. How the heck does that work? Well, we are 8 weeks past his estimated due date, but 17 weeks past when he was actually born. I keep two running tabs on the weeks because when the kid wasn't smiling at 6 weeks past his actual birth date, I was freaking out.....until I remembered that there will be certain developmental delays due to his prematurity...blah, blah, blah. Right now I'm slightly disturbed because he has been home a little more than 3 months and we have yet to get him to go more than 3 hours without feeding at night. Granted, the kid is like clockwork, which is a nice change from Lili (the most random baby in the world)...however I am DYING for just ONE 4 hour stretch! Please, Little Man...give me 4 consecutive hours of sleep...and PLEASE let it be TONIGHT!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

My fingers are crossed that tonight is the night!

ErinL said...

Don't feel too badly. Henri was right on time and is 3 months old and has only slept through 2 nights and one of them Carter was up 1/2 the night for. Never fails.... you get one to sleep, the other is up barfing or something equally annoying all night.

Don't forget the fact that when he does finally sleep for 4 hours straight, he'll fail to notify you, so you'll have been cleaning the house, checking your e-mail, etc.... anything but sleeping.

Michelle said...

That's a lot to keep track of! At least you got a bit of sleep at RR! ;)