Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

103

Miss. Lili now has a temp of 103, so we can just add that to her current list of ailments which include, but are not limited to...cold, cough, teething, stink eye (in both eyes), fever... I am at a loss as to what to do with my little walking disease. I am also at a loss as to how to manage working full time with the ups and downs of parenthood and the daycare world. Obviously I want to be home with her when she's not feeling well...but how the heck do people keep their jobs? Granted, we don't have any family here...which definitely doesn't help...but it's not like I would feel comfortable asking ANYONE to subject themselves to the germs in this house. "Would you take my SICK kids for the day so that I can go to work?" I would fully expect a response of "Go to hell!" from anyone on the receiving end of that question! I am truly hoping that all of this is just due to the recent changes in her life and will slowly get better from here. We will soon be heading into spring, so it HAS to be better, right?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I really hope she is feeling better soon! Poor little munchkin. Let me know if I can do anything to help! I'm not afraid of no germs. ;)

Katie said...

Man, you guys just can't catch a break!! :(

Jenny and Jon said...

ok, again, this post is like a broken record of what plays in my head as we have all been so sick too these past few months.......employers must just GROAN when they see a woman going through a pregnancy, seeing dollars going down the drain and productivity with it once the baby is born because you cannot help that they get sick while you are at work and then they drag you down with them...hang in there, spring is coming!!!