Today is Lili's 1st day back at New Horizons. She will be going into the Toddler room and I am so nervous for her! I worry about her fitting in...how she will behave...if she will be happy... It was crazy this morning getting them both ready to go. I have found that I need at least 1 hour to get Will fed, changed, medicated and in his carseat, myself showered and dressed and Lili changed and bundled in her winter coat and hat. Drew gets himself showered and dressed, does household duties (like taking out the garbage) and warms up/scrapes off the cars. It requires 3 trips out to the car...1st all of our "stuff"...then Lili...then Will...2 trips into the center...Lili and Will 1st (THAT was heavy...Lili on my hip and Will in the opposite hand in his infant carrier)...then back out for all of their "stuff"... Both kids have colds, so that was fun too. Extra time is needed in the mornings now to suck the snot and boogers out of their noses so that they can actually breathe. Luckily, both of the little munchkins were freakishly happy as I left the center. Will was lounging on a Boppy pillow and sneezed so hard snot splattered all over his face. He looked content though...like that might have helped release some of the blockage in his nasal cavity. Lili is the most outgoing and least shy kid I know. She was walking around picking up toys...checking out some of the other little girl's shoes...smiling at the babies...and then decided to go up to one of the teachers (who she JUST met) and hold out her arms to be picked up. She waved bye-bye to Mama and off I went. I hope I get good reports on both of them when I pick them up this afternoon! I need some good things to start happening around here to lessen my worries!
2 comments:
I hope the first day goes well! Sounds like she won't have any problem fitting right in there!!
That's great that they are doing so well at daycare! You're a lucky woman, there are so many moms who can't find a daycare they like!
Post a Comment