Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Week From Hell





















This week pretty much sucked for us, to put it mildly. I don't know that I can even remember everything that went wrong...I just know that at every turn we were faced with some new dilemma or unexpected change. Some of the highlights? I am now back to working full-time. Will started daycare with Lili but then needed to be moved to a center. Long story short...with some of the issues he has been having he has a difficult time sleeping flat on his back and it's illegal for our daycare provider to allow him to sleep any other way...this caused her to have to hold him all day, which really isn't a good long-term option since there are several other kids that need her attention as well. After moving Will we realized how hard it was going to be to have 2 kids at 2 different daycares, so we then moved Lili to the center (we're going back to New Horizons which is where Lili was until this past October). There are positives and negatives to the way things were and also to the way things are now, it was just hard to deal with all of that in one week. I thought my original "plan" was going to work and everyone would be just fine, but in the end we had to do something completely different. I suppose this is just one of the many joys of parenting? Haha... Life seemed so much simpler when we weren't responsible for two innocent and adorable little beings. Of course I wouldn't turn back time for anything in the world, but I have to say...decision making was a piece of cake back then!

On a happier note though...the week ended pretty well! I was able to reserve spots at the center for both Lili and Will and everyone there is excited to have us back. We kept in touch with most of the teachers and some of the parents, so it was like meeting up with a bunch of old friends again. I feel like everything is settled and I know exactly what to expect next week. Once all of that icky stuff was figured out, Drew and I even got to have a date night last night! As most of you remember, we were married on a Friday the 13th in June of 2003, so the date held some significance for us. One of the teachers at New Horizons has a college-aged daughter who was home for the weekend and OFFERED to watch the babies so we could have a little break. Of course we weren't stupid enough to refuse such an awesome offer, so we jumped right on it! Can you guess what we decided to spend our time doing? No, not sleeping...though that's a really good idea......... Too late. Well, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, where I ate a bunch of the BLAZIN' wings and scorched the inside of my mouth. We followed that up with a showing of the remake of "Friday the 13th". We love horror movies, so it was the ideal pick. It was made by the same people who did the remake of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" a few years ago, so we thought it would be just as good. Unfortunately, it wasn't. It wasn't HORRIBLE...just not the best. I think we're secretly hoping now that Rob Zombie will realize the potential that was lost in this remake and do ANOTHER remake!

Let's see...what else... Oh, today was Valentine's Day, so the kids were wearing their holiday outfits and posing for pics. We got Lili a little bag of goodies to celebrate and keep her busy. A couple of books (the new Matthew Van Fleet one called "Alphabet"!)...some Tadoodle markers (since Lili LOVES to COLOR!)...her very own drawing pad...a Strawberry Shortcake headband and bracelet from the Target $1 bins...and some of these furry "noodle" things (see pics...I don't know how to describe them). Just to clarify...Lili is NOT trying to poke her eye out with the pen. She's trying to draw on her face because she knows how much I love that!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I hope this week is better than last week!!!

I love the picture of the two of them on the couch -- sitting far apart and looking bored! Too funny :)