Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Daycare, Superglue, Vicodin & Root Canals

Lili had a great 1st day at daycare...well, mostly! I didn't realize that we were supposed to send her with a toothbrush and toothpaste, so when all of the other kids were brushing their teeth, Lili was looking around like, "Where's mine?". I felt so bad because she LOVES to brush her "teef". I also found out that she didn't sleep at ALL this afternoon! Lili is used to sleeping in a crib, but in the toddler room they sleep on cots. I'm guessing it was just a little too much for her on her very 1st day back at the center. Being in a new environment, with a new schedule, new kids and new teachers...that's a lot for a little one to handle all at once! Everyone was so happy to see our family back at New Horizons and I was excited to see familiar faces. I know they will take good care of my babies! I just hope Lili makes the adjustment o.k. and soon learns to take advantage of nap time. She was so exhausted when we picked her up she was asleep before we turned out of the center parking lot! Poor little monkey...

Other news in the Lane household... Drew gets to go in for an emergency root canal tomorrow. He's been having a LOT of pain in his jaw and head since Friday night and actually thought it was a flare-up of his TMJ. He went to the doctor over the weekend and they prescribed Motrin 800, which is what helped last time, but this time it seemed to be getting worse and worse. Today he finally decided to see the dentist, just to make sure it wasn't something else...and it was. Poor guy. I can't even get him to take an Advil for a headache or cold medicine when he has a nasty cold, so I know he must be hurting pretty bad if he's willing to go through all of this! To get him through until tomorrow, the dentist prescribed Vicodin, which I have found very amusing to watch the affects of. He has been very loopy this evening...........enough to where I won't even let him hold the baby while standing up! Haha... We were in the living room with the kids after dinner and Drew was reading Lili her new "Alphabet" book before bed. Lili decided to rip the top off of Mr. Clam yesterday, so the piece was just laying inside the book when you turned to that page. Drew, in his infinite wisdom, thought it would be a good idea to SUPERGLUE the clam back into the book. I was feeding Will and only half paying attention to what was going on. All of a sudden I see Drew run out of the room and Lili is left alone...with the book...which has pieces recently superglued back in. Next thing you know, Lili is ripping the clam back out of the book and freaking out because she's "Stuck! Stuck! Stuck!". I yell for Drew, who reenters the room with his own fingers stuck together! We spent the next 10 minutes trying to get the superglue off of everyone and I told Drew he is not allowed to do anything without my approval while he is under the influence of painkillers from now on! I seriously thought I had 3 children tonight! Wow... We had some good laughs though! HA!

1 comment:

Jenny and Jon said...

I am sure that was not funny at the time (the super glue part) but reading it now it is pretty funny!! Hope everyone is feeling better at your house:)